Today I will share with you Bass Lake Huevos Rancheros Recipe.
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 1 medium Red Onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 pound Tomatillos
- 1 pound Cherry Tomatoes
- 6 Pasilla Chilies, de-stemmed and deseeded
- 1 cup Vegetable Stock
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup fresh Cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 4 Corn Tortillas
- 8 fresh Eggs
- ¼ cup pre-made Guacamole
- ¼ cup Sour Cream
- ½ cup shredded Mexican Style Cheese
- Over an open fire on a hot sheet pan or large skillet add olive oil, pasilla chilies and roast until tender, then add onions and cook until they are translucent.
- Add tomatillos, cherry tomatoes and cook until they are soft and about to burst (8-10 minutes).
- Then add chili powder, ground cumin and simmer ingredients over the fire until everything is soft and tender.
- Place ingredients in a blender in batches with cilantro, salt, and vegetable stock and puree until smooth.
- Prepare the tortillas in foil over the fire until heated through.
- Once everything is pureed adjust seasoning and return to a large skillet and bring to a simmer.
- Poach the eggs in this tomato/chili sauce, about 6-8 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Once the eggs are poached, spoon 2 eggs with sauce over a tortilla. Top with sour cream, guacamole, and cheese.
Stay Tuned on Davis Bakery & Company for more recipes like this, we will now post the recipes every week.