Whether you are cooking for yourself, your family, or for the company, this is a real crowd pleaser. Not only is it a complete meal all in one, but it can also be prepared ahead of time and placed in the oven when you’re ready to eat.
You will need:
- 1 1/2-2 pounds of chicken tenderloins cut up into bite-size chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, salt & pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 1 cup of vegetables of your choice such as peas and carrots
- 1-2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 store bought pie crust that can be rolled out flat
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl mix together paprika, sage, oregano, salt & pepper, then add your chicken chunks and coat well.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium/high heat.
- Sauté your chicken for about 7 to 8 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pan with tongs leaving the remaining oil and juices in the pan.
- To the same pan add your onions and vegetables with salt and pepper with 1-2 tablespoons of butter and cook for about 3-5 minutes until tender.
- Then add your minced garlic for cook for about 1 more minute.
- Sprinkle in your flour evenly until it’s absorbed by the vegetable juices.
- Next, add your chicken stock and mix together well.
- Bring to a simmer until the liquid thickens.
- Then stir in your heavy cream and add a bit more salt if needed.
- Add the reserved chicken. Now it’s time to transfer your mixture to your baking dish.
- Roll out your store bought a pie crust and lay evenly on top of your dish making two or three diagonal slits down the center to vent.
- Brush the top of your pie crust with your beaten egg. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until your crust is a golden brown.
- If you are preparing to make this dish later you can place aluminum foil over your baking dish when placed in the refrigerator, then you can add the pie crust on top later when you are ready to cook your meal.
Having a healthy diet with chicken, it is recommended to consume poultry at least 3 times a week. Your chicken dishes never have to be routine or boring with the fun and endless ways of preparing this pleasant and tasty dish!